Turnaround Time

I contracted with David Robles of Robles Custom Tile and Stone March 2017 to remodel and tile 3 bathrooms.Mr.

Robles told me an estimate of 3 weeks for completion of the job. As of this writing, the job is not close to complete and it is late June. Worse, the guy will not return calls or text messages. Hilariously, in a few instances, he has even texted me just to say he refuses to call to discuss the situation.

In short, like many contractors do unfortunately, he got paid beyond the completion of the job itself (I know, my fault, I'm a sucker), and then stopped showing up. The situation is all the more offensive considering Mr. Robles explicitly knew that I was already having, and have had, immense troubles with other contractors in the very recent past. Mr.

Robles gave me the whole song and dance about he's honest, doesn't steal, would never do anything like these "other guys," that he had my back, etc etc etc. It's amazing to me how someone can be that fake, can talk and act that fake, right to your face. A few other fun details include: refused to put any covering materials on surrounding floor, damaging new wood floors that were just installed. Even after I laid the materials to use to protect other parts of the house right at the entry to his work space, he still wouldn't.

Another contractor hinted that a water leak the house sustained may have been caused by him or his assistant. His response was "they can suck my _______, I didn't do it" Yes, that's verbatim. Fill in the blank word starts with a "D." Went to jail at one point for 5 days, unless that was a lie, I suspect it wasn't actually. Tried to increase the contracted for price towards the end.

You can just go on and on. If you have any experience with this sort of thing, you know the drill---it's all the same stuff. The constant excuses, the constant personal problems, the virtually indescribable ignorance, the weird bravado, the unwarranted arrogance, the steadily dwindling appearances at the job site. I hate to write this because the man is obviously woefully ignorant, mentally a little challenged, a bit unstable and irresponsible and most likely has no other skill but this.

But, what's right is right, and the man had dozens (and I do mean that literally), DOZENS of chances to make this right and get back on the job. I paid him ahead of time to try to HELP HIM. The current project he was hired for now sits a full 6 months beyond target date. The stress, constant baby sitting, the financial loss has been staggering.

Part of the problem is these people (and this is why you have to be so careful) are in fact so ignorant, that I don't think they actually understand just how bad they're hurting you. They don't live life paying anything on time, they don't own homes, they don't work extra hard to save money for their children's education, for retirement, for anything beyond a few weeks or even days in advance. They don't really grasp the damage they do, and to good people. Yes he's a ***, yes he's unprofessional, but I think in large part he doesn't know any better, wasn't taught any better.

And I say this not so much to insult him but to warn the reader to watch out for this type of individual and please, do take heed, because these people will drain more than just your money, they'll drain your time, your sanity, your life.This man certainly has for me.

Review about: Robles Custom Tile And Stone Bathroom Remodeling.

Reason of review: see comments.

Preferred solution: The company owner to cease business activities and not have any more children.

Had an Experience with Robles Custom Tile And Stone?

Comments